Step #1: Submit A Storyboard.
Step #2: Take My Life Photos.
- At a minimum, each student took and used at least 5 photos for each of the following segments: 1. Home, 2. Family (pets), 3. School, 4. Friends, 5. Hobbies. You may include additional segments, of your choosing.
- Import your images to “Photos;” if you forget, replay the “Photos” video tutorial.
- Once imported, create an “Album.” Title it: “MyLife_YourName.” (Mobile)
Step #3: Create Your Movie
- 1. Open iMovie. (mobile)
- 2. Create a New Project. Title it: “MyLife_YourName.” (Mobile)
- Importing Photos
- 3. Connect to “Photos” & drag images onto Timeline. (Mobile)
- 3a. Can’t find the Album of images you created in Photos? Solution here .(Mobile)
- 3b. Reduce the size of the thumbnails on the timeline. (Mobile)
- 3c. Adding multiple photos to timeline! (Mobile)
- 3d. Rearranging the photos on the timeline. (Mobile)
- 3e. Deleting a photo from the timeline. (Mobile)
Note: Hints on Viewing Your Movie. (Mobile)
- 4. Adding a title with a black background. (Mobile)
- Titles should be inserted at the beginning and end of movie and before each segment.
- 4b. Add a “Thank You” title at the end of the movie.(Mobile)
- 4a. Adding Subtitles. (Mobile)
- Add at least 5 subtitles.
- 5. Transitions (Mobile)
- Transitions should be added before and after each Title and Photo.
5a. Time Saving Tip: Adding multiple transitions at once. (Mobile)
- 6. Timing (Mobile)
- The video shall be no shorter than 1 minute & no longer than 4 minutes.
- Each slide should be 3 to 4 seconds in length.
- 7. Special Effect
- Add a “Ken Burns” effect to at least 5 images. (Mobile)
- 8. Music
- There should be background music composed by the student using Garage Band, heard throughout the video. Any cropping of the audio track must not be recognizable to the viewer – so fade these music tracks!. (Mobile)
- 9. Export Video to Desktop & RLS Multimedia Server.
- Export Video to Desktop. (Mobile)
- Then drag it onto the RLSMultimediaServer.