Connect To Online App:
The Eighth Grade P.R.E. students will be using Chromebooks to program their robots using an App. called mBlock. Follow these steps so that you can connect to mBlock with your Chromebook.
- First, open your Chromebook.
- Second, connect your robot to your computer with the USB cable and turn it on.
- Third, you need to connect to mBlock, so click here: Link to mBlock! (The web page that appears will say "mLink".)
- Select "Launch App."
- mBlock, the application you will use to code your Robot, will open. Follow the steps in this video to link your Robot to the mBlock program (when the connection is made, you will see programming commands appear that are specific to your Robot). Click Here!
- If you have difficulty logging on to mBlock, Log Out of your Chrome/Google Account...and then Log In again.
Now continue onto the next lesson: "Writing Code in mBlock & Task #1: Move Straight." Watch the video. It will show you how to write a program and download it to your Robot.
Note: If you are using a Mac or PC, you can either Download the mBlock App to your computer or Work Online (note: mLink will connect you to online app.).